Sunday, May 23, 2010

Feeling Collegiate


Today I woke up early for a morning jog around a neighboring college campus.

Disclaimer: before I give you the complete wrong impression about me... it is a miracle I was up before 10am, let alone that I went on a run. Sometimes when I'm seriously tired but can't sleep I get really motivated to do productive things. I am a notorious midnight binge organizer.

Anyway, I put together my ideal exercise outfit for this humid 65 degree day. I think I've pinpointed another issue about my habitual fashion faux pas. I usually think what I'm wearing looks just fabulous.... seeing it laid out in front of me on the computer screen... mmm not so much.




You might be thinking, "hey, Daily Garb, this isn't so bad." Okay, hold that thought while I tell you that the purple drawstring bag seen above is an impostor. The real bag is a darker, more abrasive 1990's popstarish purple with huge, pink (sparkling) letters displayed across it reading: "I LOVE DANCE!".

I don't love dance, but the bag was $1 from the Target Dollar section and I am a sucker for all things I can rationalize as being a practical purchase. I spotted the bag and I immediately knew it would look ridiculous on anyone who does not LOVE DANCE! or who is not a tween- but I needed a light weight bag for running and they are hard to come across. Plus, I kept hearing my Mothers voice in my head telling me to "just turn it inside out, no one will know". Sure, but I know and that's almost worse.


Trying to revamp my fashion sense is a challenge. I want to be this kind of chic runner:


So cute.

I give myself a decent grade for today- partially because I'm proud of my athletic endeavour. I'll say B for effort. If anyone knows of any good bags for runners, definitely let me know.
Until then, I am one aggressively perky purple drawstring bag away from a better look :) .




0 comments:

Post a Comment